Greene County is Requesting Damage Information
Resulting From Storm
Stanardsville, Virginia — June 1, 2018 — The Greene County Office of Emergency Services is requesting that citizens report any damage they may have experienced as a direct result of the flash flooding event on Wednesday, May 30 through Thursday, May 31, 2018. This damage would include any residential, commercial, and agricultural damage or loss.
This information will assist our office in providing a snapshot of the storm damage to the Virginia Department of Emergency Management. This initial damage assessment is the first step in quantifying the storm’s damage for potential state or federal assistance.
Damage reports can be provided to the Greene County Office of Emergency Services using the following options:
Phone: 434-990-2566 or 434-990-2568
All submittals must include the following information:
- Contact telephone number
- Address where the damage occurred
- Brief description of the damage & photographs of the damage
- Verification of insurance or lack thereof
- Any actions you have taken, such as repair expenses, relocation expenses, etc.
- Description of accessibility to property
Please feel free to contact the Greene County Office of Emergency Services with additional questions or concerns.