Greene County Solid Waste is a Full Service Recycling Center. Allen Morris is the Solid Waste Manager for the Greene County Solid Waste Facility.
Items that we recycle with no fee:
- PLASTIC - #1 Plastic, #2 Plastic, milk jugs, soda bottles, etc.
- GLASS - Clear, Brown, Green
- PAPER - Newspaper, Phonebooks, Magazines
- METALS - Tin Cans, Aluminum (cans and foil)
- CORRUGATED CARDBOARD
AS OF SEPTEMBER 1, 2019, THE COLLECTION OF THE FOLLOWING WILL STOP:
- PLASTIC - #1 - #7
- PAPER - junk mail, phonebooks, and magazines
- GLASS - clear, brown, and green
These items will be deemed as regular household garbage and charged the same fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
What payment types do you accept?We accept only cash and checks. We do not accept debit or credit cards.
Do you accept hazardous materials?No, the Greene County Solid Waste Facility does not accept any hazardous materials.
Do you accept motor oil and antifreeze?Yes, we accept motor oil (must not have water in it) and antifreeze for recycling.
Do you recycle florescent light bulbs?No, we don't. However, if you purchased your bulbs from Lowes, sometimes you can return them directly to the store for recycling.