Tax Rates for Greene County, Virginia
- Personal Property: $5.00 per $100
- Real Estate: 0.73 cents per $100
- Utility Trailers: Non-Taxable
- Mobile Homes: 0.73 cents per $100
- Boats: Non-Taxable
- Business Property: $5.00 per $100.00
- Machinery and Tools: $2.50 per $100
- Meal Tax: 4% (collected monthly)
- Lodging Tax: 5%
Assessments in Greene County for Business tangible personal include furniture, fixtures, and other equipment owned by a business in Greene on January 1st.
Business/Personal property is assessed at owner's depreciated values and then taxed at $5.00 per $100.00 of the assessed value.
Machinery and Tools are accessed at 100% of the depreciated value and then taxed at $2.50 per $100.00 of the assessed value.
Greene County collects a Meal Tax on all eateries in the County. The tax is 4%, collected monthly.
A Lodging Tax of 5% and collected by every hotel, inn, lodging house - public or private - on the compensation paid by any transient (90 consecutive days or less.) Each business collecting this tax must register with the Commissioner of the Revenue, report and remit the tax monthly.